- 2 loaves pita bread
- Olive oil
- ½ tsp sumac
- 1 heart of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 5 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 5 green onions (both white and green parts), chopped
- 5 radishes, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves, stems removed
- 1½ lime, juice of
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- scant ¼ tsp ground allspice
Toast the pita bread in your toaster oven until it is crisp.
Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a large pan. Break the pita bread into pieces, and place in the heated oil. Fry briefly until browned, tossing frequently. Add salt, pepper and ½ tsp of sumac. Remove the pita chips from the heat and place on paper towels to drain.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, green onions with the sliced radish and parsley.
To make the lime vinaigrette, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil and spices in a small bowl.
Dress the salad with the vinaigrette and toss lightly. Finally, add the pita chips and toss one more time.