• 1 young coconut
• 4 cloves garlic
• 2 tsp fresh minced ginger
• 3 tbsp lime juice
• 2 tsp cold pressed olive or flax oil
• 1 tsp curry powder
• 1 medium tomato
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp fresh minced chili, or to taste (I used cayenne pepper)
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
• diced bell pepper (optional)
• chopped cherry tomatoes (optional)
• mushrooms, thinly sliced (optional)
Open the coconut and drain the water into a blender. Scrape out the meat, and add to the blender.
Add garlic, ginger, lime juice, oil, curry powder, tomato, salt and chili. Blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Add cilantro and pulse until cilantro is finely minced.
Pour into serving containers and add any chopped veggies you like: bell pepper, tomatoes and thinly sliced mushrooms work well.
This raw coconut soup works well after it's had a chance to chill in the fridge for a couple hours to allow the flavors to set. It'll need a good stirring before serving, however, as the oils and coconut water will tend to separate.
Enjoy your raw food Thai coconut soup! Yum!