Makes 4 grilled cheese sandwiches
- 24 cornichons diced small
- 8 fingerling potatoes roasted with salt, pepper and fresh thyme to taste, cooled, and then sliced very thin.
- 4 pickled pearl onions diced small
- 16 slices of hand cut raclette cheese (aproximately 2/3 of a lb)
- 8 slices of country loaf bread
- clarified butter
Lay out 4 slices of bread, place two slices of raclette on each piece of bread, divide the cornichons into four portions and place on top of the raclette.
Place 6-8 slices of fingerling potatoes on top of the cornichons, followed by one small diced pickled pearl onion.
Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
Place two more slices of raclette cheese on top of each sandwich followed by the four pieces sliced of country loaf bread and press down firmly.
Brush each side of the sandwich with clarified butter, brush your griddle or non-stick frying pan with clarified butter and griddle sandwiches on low heat until golden brown and crisp on each side.
Cross cut with a serrated knife with a sawing motion and serve immediately. Enjoy.
**Neil won the 2nd Annual Grilled Cheese Invitational at Bartlett’s Farm with this recipe.