- 1 pound Di Martino Lumaconi or other dry, short pasta
- 4 oz. Jansal Valley Cob Smoked Bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup minced shallots
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels, 6 – 8 ears
- 1 cup Acrobat Pinot Gris or other dry white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh tarragon, about 1 bunch
- Grated parmesan (optional)
In a large stockpot, boil water for pasta. Cook until pasta is al dente.
Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium high heat and cook bacon until browned and crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 tbsp. bacon fat.
Add butter to the bacon fat, add shallots and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes. Add corn, season lightly with salt and pepper, and sauté for 1 – 2 minutes. Add wine and cream and simmer for 5 minutes until slightly reduced, stirring frequently.
Drain pasta and return to pan. Stir in corn mixture, bacon, and tarragon. Serve with parmesan, if desired. Serves 4