- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes (dip into boiling water for several seconds to remove skins)
- 1 cup fresh, soft, bread crumbs
- 1 each, medium green, red and yellow peppers
- 1 medium red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 freshly ground white pepper
- Garnishings: pimento stuffed olives, scallions, cucumbers, garlic flavored croutons
After skinning tomatoes, cut into chunks.
Cut peppers into halves, reserving half of each color for use as a garnish.
Using a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients (in batches, if necessary) and blend until thoroughly puréed.
Chill for several hours before serving.
Serve with individual bowls of chopped red, green and yellow peppers (those reserved); chopped green pimento stuffed olives; chopped scallions; seeded chopped cucumbers; and garlic flavored croutons to garnish.