Join us for an information-packed seminar! Sue will review the methods and importance of topdressing and incorporating compost into your garden beds every year, the no-till method of gardening, the importance of organic gardening practices and the Soil Food Web. She will also focus on the subject of raised bed gardening and discuss the following topics:
- Getting the pre-planning process on paper
- Options for building materials, which materials are unhealthy to use
- Choosing your location
- Determining the size
- Calculating the volume of soil and what type you’ll need to fill the beds
- Planting, the importance of timing and pre-warming the soil
- Proper watering techniques
- Fertilizing guidelines
- Seasonal maintenance of the beds
- And lots of other helpful gardening tips!
this event is FREE!