Recipe by Cheryl Gregorich
1 C Honey or Agave
¾ C Olive or Coconut Oil
1 C Golden Raisins
1 C Grated Carrots
½ C Coconut
½ C Raw Sunflower Seeds
1 T Flax Meal
3 C Rolled Oats
1 ½ C Whole Wheat flour
½ tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Salt
Preheat Oven to 350°
- In large bowl combine olive oil and honey. Whisk until combined.
- Add egg and whisk.
- Add golden raisins, coconut, sunflower seeds, carrots and flax meal. Mix until combined.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Scoop batter onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Press down each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes in convection oven or 20-24 minutes in a standard oven.
- This recipe is best if made and baked off on the same day. Cookies freeze well.
Yield: 1 dozen 2oz (Big) Cookies