Strawberry and Arugula Salad with Crispy Prosciutto
Prep: 10 minutes; Stand: 15 minutes; Cook: 4 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
- 6 cups baby arugula (about 5 ounces)
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 ounces goat cheese or feta, crumbled
1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large serving bowl. Add berries and red onion; let stand 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, lightly coat a seasoned cast-iron skillet or nonstick pan with cooking spray, and heat over moderately high heat. Add prosciutto in one layer, and cook, turning, about 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate to cool; crumble and reserve.
3. Place the baby arugula in a large serving bowl with the cheese; add the strawberries, red onion, and balsamic dressing, and toss gently until just coated. Divide the salad among 4 serving plates, and top evenly with the cooked prosciutto and torn basil leaves