Recipe by Cheryl Gregorich
Makes one 9 inch pound cake
8 ounces Unsalted butter, room temperature
4 ounces Coconut Oil
3 C Sugar
½ C Cocoa
3 C AP Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 ¼ C Buttermilk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 T Coffee Extract
1 C Chocolate Chips
½ t Salt
- Grease and Dust with Cocoa a 9 inch Bundt Pan. Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream the sugar and butter until fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time until combined. Add vanilla and coffee extract. Mix until combined
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add wet and dry ingredients to creamed egg and sugar mixture, alternating dry ingredients with buttermilk beginning and ending with dry ingredients, until just mixed through. DO NOT overmix!
- Toss chocolate chips with a dusting of flour and gently fold into the mix. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake at 350° for 1 hour. While the cake is baking, make the glaze.
- Let cool, take out of pan and pour warm glaze over bundt cake.
12 ounces chocolate chips
1 C heavy cream or Coconut Milk
1 T coffee extract
- Put chocolate chips in a bowl
- Heat heavy cream in a pan until almost boiling
- Pour over chocolate chips and add extract
- Stir with whisk until combined